Tuesday 15 November 2011

Local Government Waste

I'm sure the good burghers of Bradford love the idea of their city centre water park, but it looks to me to be a colossal waste of money.

All it'll take is the first kid with a bottle of washing up liquid to turn the site into a foamy mess and have it shut down.

Since I moved to Portsmouth I've often been regaled about the fountain on Commercial Road and how huge globs of foam used to be blown past the shops after kids had dumped their pound-shop purchase into the fountain's base. The good news is it takes a while to happen, so you add your washing up liquid, retire to a safe distance (usually to McDonalds for a burger) and then return later to admire your foamy handiwork.

In Bradford there's a bigger lake and a taller fountain: I just wonder how much foam will be created by all that churning action.

Shouldn't take long for the photos and YouTube video to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment