Wednesday 22 April 2009

The Budget: Grasping at Straws.

I've been listening to the Chancellor for the past 20 minutes. I've had enough. I'm going for a walk to calm down, because from what I've seen so far, this country has had it.

I wouldn't be suprised if there was a huge drop in the FTSE today.

Basically we're in for a decade of misery as a minimum, thanks to the actions of the clowns in the Labour government. I certainly don't envy the next government, because winning the next election and the election after that will be poisoned chalices. This government has assured that there will be little financial leeway for government over the next decade and possibly beyond, unless there is some really creative government thinking.

I commend those of you that can, to leave this country now, its finished. Find somewhere nice and go live there.

Until future governments learn a lot of humility and start living within their means, recovery will be difficult.

I'll report more in detail once I've seen the small print, where I suspect the bombshells will actually lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment